Questions and Answers

Chlorine Reports

  1. How can I get more reporting forms?

    There are multiple ways to get blank reporting forms.

    • The quickest way is to download a copy. You can do this by clicking on the link to your water system report in the section, Download Blank Reporting Forms.

    • If you would prefer we mail out copies of the form, click the following link to REQUEST MORE SUPPLIES and fill out the web form or call the office at 360-357-8783 Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.

  2. When do I have to turn in my chlorine report?

    • Chlorine reports must be received by our office no later than the 5th of every month. If you are mailing your report to us, please have it in the mail no later than the 2nd of the month to allow time for delivery. We need to process the reports and have them turned into the Department of Health no later than the 10th of every month.

  3. Do I have to take the residual every day?

    • Yes, this is one of the most important parts of the program. The residual needs to be taken every day. If you will be out of town or unable to take the residual, please call our office immediately so we can arrange for our field staff to cover those days.

  4. What do I do if I'm going to be out of town or on vacation?

    • If you will be out of town, please call our office immediately so we can arrange for our field staff to cover those days.

  5. What do I do if the chlorine residual is out of range?

    • If the chlorine residual is above or below the range listed on your chlorination report, please run your water for an additional 15 minutes and then re-test to see if it’s within range. Often, when the water has been sitting in the line while you are at work or over-night, the residual will be out of range. Flushing the line for 15 minutes often fixes this issue.

      If the residual is still out of range, you have two options. If it’s Monday – Friday, between 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, you can click the following link to REPORT A LOW OR HIGH RESIDUAL and fill out the web form. You may also call 360-357-8783.

  6. How do I clean my sample bottle?

    • It is very important to use the Kimwipes provided by Thurston PUD. They are lab grade material that prevents the bottle from being scratched when cleaning. Using paper towels or other cloths to dry or clean the bottle can scratch it, leading to inaccurate reults. If you need more Kimwipes please contact us and we will send some out right away.

Chlorine Testing Supplies

  1. How do I get more chlorine testing supplies?

    There are three options to request more supplies.